The Transatlantic Estate Law Firm PLLC seeks to hire an Associate Attorney (part-time or full-time) to handle our increasing volume of trusts and estates planning and administration. This is an outstanding opportunity for a candidate to expand his/her knowledge and practical experience working on sophisticated international matters.
Effective April 1st, our new address is 3201 New Mexico Ave NW, Suite 249, Washington, DC 20016.
We are a boutique law firm dedicated to helping international families preserve and pass on their assets in a tax-efficient manner. Our comprehensive services include cross-border retirement planning, tax return preparation, as well as drafting trusts, wills and powers of attorney.
- Draft complex trusts, wills, and related documents
- Supervise the paralegal work on estate administration
- Prepare estate tax returns, gift tax returns and estate income tax returns
- Interaction with courts, financial institutions and tax authorities both in the US and in Europe
- Significant client contact
- Part-time or full-time.
- 2 to 6 years of relevant law firm experience
- License to practice law in the District of Columbia, or the ability to obtain a license
- License to practice law in Virginia, Maryland or another state strongly preferred
- Intellectual rigor, reliability, thoroughness
- Outstanding people skills
- Experience with international tax matters, offshore asset disclosures and estate law controversy is a plus.
- German language skills are a plus.
What We Offer
- Exceptional opportunity to expand knowledge and skills;
- A pleasant and collegial work atmosphere;
- High salary
- Own office with window
- Paid garage parking
- Retirement plan contributions
- Health insurance, if needed.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.