Foreign Inheritance Reporting

Inheritances and gifts over $100,000 received from outside the United States during the course of a year have to be reported to the IRS on Form 3520 Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipts of Certain Foreign Gifts.

We advise clients on complying with these reporting requirements.