The Transatlantic Estate Law Firm PLLC is looking to hire a bilingual legal assistant (German and English) part-time or full-time at our new location at 3201 New Mexico Ave NW, Suite 249, Washington, DC 20016.
We are a boutique law-firm that helps international families preserve and pass on their assets in a tax-efficient way. Our comprehensive services include cross-border retirement planning, tax return preparation, advice on asset titling and business succession, as well as drafting trusts, wills and powers of attorney. We are the premier advisors for German-speaking families in the Washington DC area.
- First point of contact for clients
- Correspondence with clients, courts, financial institutions and state authorities both in the US and in Europe (in German and in English)
- Preparation of simple legal forms under the guidance of an attorney
- Office management with a modern state-of-the-art law firm management software
- Various other administrative functions
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in both English and German
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Strong social skills
- French language skills are a plus
What we offer
- Extensive training
- Exceptional opportunity to expand knowledge and skills
- A pleasant work environment
- Pay: $22-$29/hr plus bonus, depending on the qualifications, experience and work performance
- Retirement plan contributions
- Health insurance, if needed
- Own office with window
- Paid garage parking
- The opportunity to obtain the designation “certified paralegal”, if desired.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and two writing samples (German and English) to email@example.com.